Monday, February 28, 2011

From The Journal: Singing in the dark

It's been a long time since I've just...written.
I mean...trust me. My journal does not go untouched. 
But sometimes I think my imagination does.
I love forming words and making them beautiful & attractive.
I'll read back on my old writings & realize it was not me writing! (know what I mean?)

Tomorrow is March 1st.
And every 1st of the month is always a sorta sad time. 
It's unplanned, but usually I write in my journal every 1st for some reason. And it's always about the same thing: my future.
January, February, was a feeling of fear. But throughout the month...I'm fine. I'm free.
But why is it always the 1st that my heart begins to shake?

-Should I go to college?
-Where should I go to college?
-Should I go to a community one or out of state?
-How far should it be?
-What am I even gonna go for?
-What will I be?

Such questions can make a person crazy!
They always overwhelm me...on the 1st of every month.
I'm serious too, because I have documented proof.
But what I feared about on January 1st, was cleared up & figured out by February 1st.
Isn't that great?! (It doesn't always work that way, btw)
I think it's important to write down all that you're feeling & going through. 
Then look back on it later & see how perfectly God took care of it.

My heart loves to sing.
But when the little birdie passes a dark valley...she is just so afraid. 
Haha, I can just picture her flapping her wings, sweating, & trying her hardest to tweet while trying to see in the darkness.

"Faith is the bird that sings when the dawn is still dark."
For some reason I remembered that quote from an old art project in the 10th grade.
Hmmm. Maybe because it so accurately describes me?
(The part about being in the dark...)

I want to sing even in the dark valley!
So we'll see.
My future may be unknown...but my God isn't!

Even though I used to get rained on...I want to start turning that rain upside down & let it take me for a ride!
Kinda like this picture:

1 comment:

Wiola said...

It seems like you think a lot about college. From my own experience I would say that attending college has made me gain a lot of new experience and knowledge.

I don't believe in restricting myself to the role as a housewife and mother though. If I did, and intended to homeschool my future children, then I guess a degree in teaching would be a good idea. Education is important.

Melodies