Monday, July 5, 2010

Until I say 'I Do'

  Lilah glanced at her hand. Her ring read, "I will wait." Lilah treasured her purity. What was it that made her keep her gift most precious gift unwrapped? Was it this symbolic piece of jewelry? No, it was more. It was her first Love; her most Beloved King that captured her heart and held it in the palms of his hands. It was a beautiful love she had for Him that let her decide who she'd give herself away to. It was the day of Lilah's wedding. Today she knew with all that was in her that Wilson was the one for her. God had given him to her, and her to him. Today they would forever be united as one.
  "Until I say 'I Do'," she said smiling to herself. "Until this ring is replaced with the one I will wear for the rest of my life. Until I am one with Wilson."
  Lilah's father stepped in the room teary eyed. "Oh, Li. You are so beautiful." Then in a more serious tone he said, "I never told you this, and I want you to know. Before you were born, at your mothers and my wedding, we didn't wait." Lilah's expression told her dad she was confused.
  "We didn't wait like you and Wil did. We let our wants and desires get the better of us. The reason I'm telling you this is because I am so amazed and proud of you and your choices. Your beautiful gift is untouched and that will benefit you in your marriage. I don't think you know how beautiful that is in a woman." Lilah began to tear up. Her waiting was something she thought was just between God, her and Wilson. Her father had always had a part in her decisions. She knew this one was between her and God.
  As the beloved father and daughter finally walked down the aisle, Lilah lifted her head above her veil to find Wilson's tears streaming down his cheeks. Her heart skipped a beat. This was the man she was going to marry! When she made it to the alter, he looked at her with the most precious gaze and held her hands oh so gently.
After vows were said, he slipped of her purity ring slowly, kissed it, and handed it to the ring bearer. With the new ring in his hand he looked at her beautiful face and said  "With this ring I thee wed."

7 comments:

-Bess- said...

Amber, that is so so beautiful! I'm going to link to this in my Purity & Romance wrap-up post (if you don't mind), which I'm hoping to have up today or tomorrow! Such a lovely story!
Love ya,
-Bess-

Jules(: said...

Dear Amber,
That is truly beautiful. Whenever I read your posts I know that the words are from the Holy Spirit. I loved that you wrote about this. Sometimes it seems hard to wait- like it is long and a battle everyday. But surely the Lord is with us. If God is with us then who is against us? Thank you for your in-depth heart to heart blogs. They truly speak to me. You truly have a gift from the Spirit of writing. Let's glorify our Heavenly Father and fight temptation from the media and run the race He has marked out for us!
~Julia
P.S. Sorry for the lengthy comment!

Katelyn McKay said...

Wow, that is beautiful writing! You sure do have a talent in it.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful story, Amber! Truly inspiring :) I can't wait until that happens to me (if it's God's plan) :)

Blessings,
Annie

Amber Dawn said...

I loved reading this! It is beautiful!

Amanda B. said...

What a beautiful story Amber! You are a great writer! I am in tears right now. :)
I had my purity ring melted down and made into my husband's wedding ring. So he wears it every day. :)

wowow said...

This is the sweetest thing ever written!! You should try to publish some of these. This was such a good story!!

Melodies