Sunday, May 29, 2011

I want to write!

But somehow, when I write, I get stuck.
I have so many ideas swirling through my head for a story. I have at least 5 "novels" I've started on & only 1finished. And even that one doesn't seem very good.
It seems like I have the perfect beginning & the perfect ending, but don't know what to do with the middle.
Where's the storyline?
The plot?
The...story?


I see Ella, I see Sadie, I see Abigail and Amethyst.
I see all my characters.
But who are they, really?
What part do they play in this make believe world?
Perhaps I'm analyzing this too much, but that's just me. I over analyze.


How can I make these ideas fly?

Dear Ideas,
You're plenty. You kinda make my mind hurt, but I suppose it's for the best.
I write you down all the time, but you don't leave me with much.
I'm stuck with an imagine-less imagination sometimes.
Are you sure all you have is what you are?
You're not going to answer me are you?
Well, I better ask the Lord to provide what you aren't giving me.

No comments:

Melodies