Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Just You & me {Short Story!}


I heard sea gulls and crashing waves, and knew I could only be in one place.
 “Where are we?” I asked quietly.
We're almost there,” He said with adventure in His voice. Once my foot felt the water, something came alive in me and I couldn't stop smiling.
Okay,” He said. “You can open your eyes.”
I wonder what He was thinking when He said that. I mean, He did make my eyes after all!
 So there I stood. With eyes wide open, taking in the scene. The ocean was right in front of me! There was a beautiful wooden sailboat ready to be taken ashore and I knew He had reserved it just for us.
Let's go sailing,” He told me. “Out on the sea. Just you and Me.” My heart skipped a beat as He lead me to the boat. We set sail and boy was it at wonderful feeling.! He pointed to a dolphin. Oh! I had never seen one! 
Then He pointed to a shark, and told me not to be afraid.
 After hours of wonderful bliss out at sea, it began to rain. It poured. And I was scared for my life.
This boat can't make it!” I yelled. “It's too small for these raging waves.” But you won't believe what happened. He came up to me and had me face the water. And then He said, “Be still," to the water. 
And that was all He needed to say.
Time went on and I watched Him catch fish with His hands. We talked about our dreams again. I looked Him in the eye, those beautiful baby blue eyes. He said something funny, and we just laughed until our sides hurt!
I love His laugh. 
Then it was quiet for a moment. The sun was going down and the breeze swept across my face like birds flying through trees. He looked at me and said, “Let's go for a walk.” I looked at Him strangely, although I knew in my heart what He meant.
Where?” I asked anyway.
He pointed. He pointed out onto the sea.
You mean on the water?”
He held out His hand and said, ”Let's go walking. Out on the sea. Just you and Me.” It took me awhile before I could get my foot onto the water. But He held my hand the whole way and here I was! Walking on water with my Best Friend. We walked miles, and at dusk, I got to watch Him paint the sky with only words and His fingertip. It was magical!
 I grew sleepy and although the water was great for my feet, I couldn't keep walking. So He picked me up in His arms and carried me. I know I heard singing the whole way.
 When I woke up, we were back in the boat. 
Just Him and me.

3 comments:

Amber Dawn said...

Wow!
that was magical!
great story, great job!

-Bess- said...

That is such a beautiful story!!! I could see it in a Christian publication or in small book form with lots of lovely photos of the sea or watercolor illustrations! You are ALREADY doing amazing things, Amber Noella! All I can say is, I knew! =) I knew that you are something very, very special!

Love You Travel/Adventure/Writer Sis!

-Bess-

Leah said...

Beautifully written, Amber Noella!

Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Leah

Melodies